Ginger root is an herb found in China and India. Ginger root has been used for centuries in Asia for cooking and medical purpose. In ancient time ginger root was being used for curing menstrual pain, sickness from motion, food poisoning, and body odor.
The benefits of ginger root lies in the root of the plant, called rhizomes. There are numerous health benefits of ginger root, some of which are as follows:
- Helps in digestion: Ginger root prevents indigestion. It breaks down proteins, thus aids in digestion.
- Lowers high blood pressure: Ginger stimulates blood circulation, relaxes muscles, which are surrounding blood vessels.
- Lowers bad cholesterol: Ginger root reduces LDL or bad cholesterol, thus reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Relieves from bone diseases: Ginger oil is very helpful in reducing the pain of arthritis. The anti-inflammatory properties in ginger help in relieving pain.
- Beneficial for nausea problem: Ginger benefits nausea problem, especially during pregnancy. It calms the stomach upset.
The ginger plant generally comes from Southeast Asia. It is a natural spice and is popular for its smell and pungent taste. Ginger is a very essential ingredient for Indian cooking as it adds taste to the food.