Elliptical machines, also known as elliptical trainers can be commonly seen at the local gymnasium or training centers. They are extremely popular and it is being universally preferred over treadmills as the overall sales indicate. This is due to the fact that elliptical machines have a lot of benefits, some of which have been discussed here:
- It is a low-impact workout: Although both the upper and lower part of the body is exercised, the total workout has less stress and strain on the legs. It makes use of the natural movements of the body, and thus has no reverse effect at all.
- The foot pedal reduces strain: Most elliptical machines come with a foot pedal which reduces strain and helps in adjusting the angle of elliptical movement of the joints.
- It provides users with a weight-bearing exercise: This is extremely useful as weight-bearing exercises prevent osteoporosis, and many other such diseases.
- It is a low maintenance device: The elliptical machines require very less maintenance, as it has fewer parts, and the technique is simpler than others like treadmills.
- It has dual benefits: At the same time, users can exercise their upper and lower body at the same time, which saves a lot of effort and time.