- 1. Benefits of nuts
When we hear the word nuts we feel the temptation to grab some but we restrain ourselves due to its much hyped disadvantages that it is densely calorific and fattening even though it is true that nuts are densely calorific but still nuts are powerhouse of nutrients which are very essential for nourishment of our body and it also contains some fats that are essential for body.
Overall all the nuts are rich in protein so anyone who is vegetarian can fulfill body’s need of protein by consuming nuts in specific amounts and all the nuts are also rich in omega 3 fatty acids which are one of the essential fatty acids which our body cannot make by itself so we have to supply it from outside through nuts.
Each and every nut has some specific nutrients in less or more quantity so we should select nuts keeping in view of their richness in nutrients as-
- Walnuts – these are loaded with ample amounts of omega fatty acids which are responsible for throwing off triglycerides out of body which in turn reduces risk of heart ailments.
- Almonds – these itself are powerhouses of nutrients almonds are rich in potassium, calcium, antioxidants, protein and essential fatty acids. It is proved that fistful of almonds can aid in good growth of bones, muscles and even lowers LDL levels in body.
- Peanuts – are rich in protein and can help greatly to underweight people and even to those who are craving for muscle building. It is also rich in vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant and reduces the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Cashew nuts – these are significantly rich in iron, zinc and most important selenium which is needed for neutralizing free radicals, proper RBC function and zinc for healthy digestion.
- Pistachios – are rich in phytosterols which are significantly effective in reducing cholesterol levels and reducing risk of heart disease.
One caution word just take care while consuming nuts that they should be eaten in restricted amount otherwise they could be fattening daily a mix of nuts each in 2-3 quantity is acceptable to get all its effects.