ADVANTAGES OF IMPERIALISM Explained:
Imperialism is a form of governance in which a dominant authority subdues and controls neighbouring states through force. It is can be achieved by military action or through economic processes, referred to as indirect imperialism.
Imperialism’s advantages include;
Not all a people have qualities of leadership. Imperialism offers those that are naturally gifted with leadership qualities and have the power the chance to control and direct others. This can be done in a civilised manner and not the way most imperialists have done it before.
1. Imperialism affords regions rich in resources but lack the technical know-how and capital to be controlled by other regions with the capital and know-how. This way, the region develops.
2. Imperialism allows a dominant authority to expand its terittory and put such aditional land in productive use thereby increasing production and wealth.
3. Imperialism motivates those whose regions have been occupied by the dominant authority to work hard and liberate themselves.
4. Imperialism allows the dominant authority to amass wealth and satisfy the needs of its citizens.
5. Imperialism creates class system. This is good so that each person restricts him/herself to a particular class that he/she fits in. This way, the controlling authority is able to know which areas need urgent attention.
If you want to share your knowledge on Advantages of Imperialism, share it below.