Raw honey is the honey in its basic form that is non processed or heated or distillated that’s why comprise all the nutrients in intact condition. It specifically contains vitamin B1, B6, C and E which are very much important for body. It is even rich in biotin which is rare in other sources.
Raw honey finds its use both internally and externally-
- External benefits
- Raw honey possesses antiseptic properties and because of this it can be applied directly on cuts and wounds to inhibit bacterial growth and to gain faster healing.
- These is great if applied on skin just mix this honey in face packs and apply on skin to have soft and young looking skin.
- It is also god on hair and works as a good conditioner if applied on hair to make them soft and bouncy.
2. Internal benefits
This honey is also effective if consumed regularly as it helps in-
· Weight loss – this honey regulates the metabolism by converting stored fats into usable energy. This action promotes weight loss as it utilizes all the fats and carbohydrates to gain energy and does not allow them to accumulate in the body.
· Allergies – it is great in the treatment of food allergies as it gives relief from the symptoms of allergy and eradicates the irritating component causing allergy.
· Anemia – raw honey is rich in iron especially dark raw honey which enriches the blood to improve hemoglobin content.
· Appetite – rather than taking tonics for improving appetite one should try using raw honey as it enhances the appetite by improving digestion.
· Insomnia – it is a good cure of insomnia just take raw honey with lukewarm water or milk to get good night sleep.
This honey should not be given to babies less than 1 year old as it is not processed contains certain bacteria’s which small babies body is unable to fight with but safe for others even its good for pregnant women. It is widely available everywhere so just look out for it.