Quinoa is a nutrients rich grain which has found many new and unique benefits it is white in color and gluten free. It is thought over as a replacement of rice for its huge health effects. The major factor is it is rich in protein which is somewhat deficit in vegetarian foods besides it is rich in manganese, vitamin b9 folate and iron.
It is very beneficial in –
· Colon as it helps in developing and maintaining good bacteria’s in intestine which are needed for better absorption of nutrients, immunity etc.
· It is useful in keeping brain functioning properly as it is rich in vitamin b9 it helps in developing good memory
· It is even found useful in blood sugar control especially in type 2 diabetes as it is rich in magnesium and fiber it helps in keeping blood sugar normal.
· As it is rich in protein according to researches conducted it keeps eye ailments like cataracts away as protein helps in preventing formation of cataracts that’s why it important to be consumed by elder people to avoid cataracts.
· Quinoa is found effective for preventing formation of plaques of fats in arteries of heart which in turn reduces the risk of arthrosclerosis which is the cause of heart attacks.
Quinoa is a grain which has many benefits and besides it is very easy to digest in body if compared to other grains which are hard to digest and also it is rich in fiber which is an added advantage. Regarding taste it taste good and there are number of recipes available on net to enhance its taste and nutritional value as we are turning more and more to organic sources for our ailments quinoa should be one of them .