A mother breastfeeding her baby is one of the most natural things in the world. However, in this age where artificial products are replacing every natural one, we have feeding bottles and formula milk. However, mother’s milk has no replacement whatsoever, and thus breastfeeding enjoys certain advantages over other forms.
- It protects against all infections: Babies are more prone to infection as their resistance is extremely low. Breast-fed babies are more secure from these infections as mother’s milk is natural and safe for the child.
- It protects from illnesses: A lot of diseases like immunologic developments, morbidity, AIDS, multiple sclerosis and hernia can be evaded if babies are breast-fed by their mothers.
- Breastfeeding enhances intelligence: Recent studies have shown that babies who have been breast-fed are more intelligent and develop faster than others who have been fed artificially.
- Breast-fed babies have fewer allergies: Babies who have been breast-fed are less prone to allergies such as eczema.
- For mothers, breastfeeding their babies would reduce the risk of breast cancer as well as uterine cancer apart from other complexities.
There are other long-term benefits for the babies such as better dental health, protection from diabetes, arthritis and many more!