Fish oil comes from the tissues of oily fishes. It contains omega-3 acids (DHA, EPA and ALA), that is why it is recommended for a healthy diet. Fish oil has a very interesting role in the treatment of clinical depression, especially bipolar disorder over the years.
There are huge benefits of Omega-3 in Fish oil.
- Nutritionally important: The omega-3 fatty acids are very beneficial for health, especially for women, because of the unsaturated fatty acid, which have carbon-carbon double bond in the n-3 position.
- Reduces depression and anxiety: Different studies show that omega-3 in fish oil helps in reducing clinical depression and anxiety. It shows highly significant improvement alone or in combination with medicine in the cases of mood swings, postpartum depression, Alzheimer, bipolar disorder and many more.
- Important for brain health: The lesser known but highly important fact about Omega-3 fatty acid is that, it helps brain to work properly.
- Improves heart health: Omega-3 has great beneficial effect on cardiovascular disease. It benefits the heart of healthy people, especially of those, who have risk of heart problem.
- Treats inflammatory bowel disorders: Omega-3 fatty acid is very helpful for those who suffer from crohn’s disease, which is characterized by painful inflammation of the bowels.