One of mankind’s greatest achievement has been to convert the forces of nature into efficient forms of energy. One such achievement has been wind energy, which is the energy generated by the power of strong winds. There are certain advantages of generating wind energy by installing wind turbines in places where the wind is quite strong.
- Firstly, the energy produced by the wind turbines is ample. The flowing wind can be used again and again, and thus energy is renewed.
- This form of energy is extremely cheap, and is widely distributed among the world. The wind turbines need to be installed, and then there is hardly any maintenance cost behind it.
- There is absolutely no emission of harmful products when wind energy is generated, as it just uses the wind to create energy. Thus it is a very clean form of energy.
- It has other positive environmental impacts. Apart from generating no pollution at all, wind energy has reduced the greenhouse effect to a large extent.
- Ample amount of energy can be generated from wind, if properly harnessed. The winds would blow as long as sun exists, and thus it is one of the most permanent forms of energy.