Gluten is the protein part of wheat, oats and other related grains. A gluten free diet is a diet, which is completely free from the protein of cereals, wheat etc. Several grains and starch sources are considered as gluten free diet, like corn, potatoes, rice and so on.
The benefits of gluten free diet are as follows:
- Gives relief from joint pain: Gluten free diet helps in reducing joint pain, loss of balance or other neurological disorders. It has been seen that people have felt better while maintaining a gluten free diet.
- Beneficial for celiac disease: Gluten free diet can discount the seriousness of celiac disease, which is an autoimmune disorder.
- Decreases allergy symptoms: Many studies showed that gluten free diet decreases any kind of allergies or even symptoms among children.
- It is also known to cure certain health problems such as irritable bowel syndrome, autism, multiple sclerosis, thyroid and other autoimmune diseases.
- Gluten free diet is a priority for people who are looking for severe weight loss, as its absence in the diet helps in reducing fat from the body.
It is not easy to maintain a gluten free diet as many grain foods and processed foods contain gluten and must be avoided.