Java is a computer programming language that derives its syntax from C and C++. Java employs a comprehensive documentation system that is used by most Java developers. The Javadoc provides developers with a very organized system for documenting their code.
Java’s popularity has continued to grow because of its advantages, which include;
1. A computer programme is written only once and the programme can be run anywhere.
2. Compared to other computer programming languages, Java is easy to learn and write, compile and debug.
3. It is possible to create modular programs because it is object oriented.
4. One can run a programme written in Java on many different systems. Java moves easily from one computer system to another.
5. Java has a networking capability integrated into it. This allows for distributed computing.
6. Java is completely secure.
7. Java is reliable as Java compilers detect any problem that would first show up during execution time.
8. Java incorporates multithreading programming in which different tasks can be performed simultaneously rather than call in operating system-specific procedures.
9. Java programmers do not have the burden of having to perform manual memory management as Java has an automatic memory management.