It is always up to an individual to decide how they want to spend their life: with someone or being single. Both choices have their own advantages and it can never be said which is better. However, being single has a few advantages, some of which are drawn from the disadvantages of being with someone.
- Romance would mean that a lot of money and time is spent after the relationship. Thus being single lets you enjoy your time and money the way you want to, without any external or internal pressure.
- Being single empowers you with independence that a romantic life would never let you have. A single person can decide his/her own dresses, need not notify someone about his/her whereabouts, can sleep a couple of extra hours (more applicable for men)
- A single person is more available to his friends and family. He/She can meet them anytime and spend as much time as he/she wants.
- A single life lets you develop your own interests and devote as much time as you want without any intervention.
- Finally, it relieves you of a lot of stress. A single life is a free life with very little stress, as compared to a romantic life.